CPC - Wall of Fame And Alumni Achievement
REGION: New Brunswick/Prince Edward Island
MEMBER OF BRANCH OR BRANCHES: Charlottetown & Area
ACHIEVEMENTS IN PONY CLUB IN ADULTHOOD:
Maylea Manning's Pony Club 'career' began as a parent with the Charlottetown & Area Pony Club. She later went on the become District Commissioner for the branch, Regional co- chair and National Director for the NB/PEI Region.
Maylea always served Pony Club with a positive and energetic character, working tirelessly to ensure that every child she got involved in Pony Club was able to participate whether they needed a horse to ride or access to equipment and trailering.
She encouraged and helped children and parents alike, never wavering in her dedication.
Maylea was steadfast and unflagging in her efforts. Without her drive, many youth and equestrians would not have the resources they needed to participate and succeed.
- 1975-1984: District Commissioner, Charlottetown and Area Pony Club
- 1979-1984: Chairperson Pony Club Horse Show
- 1980-1986: National Director, Canadian Pony Club
- 1980-1986: Co-Chair, NB/PEI Pony Club Region
- 1985: Honorary Member, Charlottetown & Area Pony Club
ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE MAINSTREAM
- 1978: Committee Member, Holland College Equine Program
- 1978-1980: Director, Canadian Equestrian Federation
- 1979: Founding member of the Strathgartney Equestrian Centre in Bonshaw, PEI
- 1979-1980: Helped establish the first large indoor equestrian centre on Prince Edward Island which became known as Linden Farm
- 1979-1984: Chairperson, Old Home Week Horse Show
- 1981-present: Member, PEI Sport Horse Association/PEI Hunter Breeders
- 1982-1984: PEI Representative, Maritime Jumper Horse Show
- 1985: Appreciation Award, Charlottetown Driving Park and Island Horse Council
- 1985: Provincial Life Membership Award, PEI Music Festival Association
- 2001: Recipient of the Order of Prince Edward Island