Members should complete one of the following projects either as an individual or in pairs or groups. For example, a group could produce the branch newsletter for one winter or develop a horse magazine to be distributed in the branch or the local tack store.
A time could be set aside at a meeting to read the stories and poems. The degree of difficulty could be age specific but neat tidy presentations would be expected.
- Magazine - Create your own horse magazine!
It should include:
These are just the bare minimum requirements. You may add as much to it as you like!
- Title or cover page
- Table of contents
- One written article ? such as a story, poem, or article
- One drawing or photo page
- One fun activity page ? crosswords, puzzles, connect the dots, etc.
- One advertisement ? create your own product and advertise it, or
create an ad for a product you use.
- A back cover sheet.
- Story ? Write a short horse adventure story. It may be a true story, an account of something that happened to you and your horse, or it may be fictional. It should have a beginning, middle, and ending and be at least one page.
- Poetry ? Write a collection of 2 or 3 poems about horses. It may be about your own horse, a famous horse, or something horsy like what it feels like to ride out in the open field!