Equine Arts & Crafts
Members may choose one or more of the following projects. The criteria is the same for all levels; however, how they do the project will be age appropriate. A six year old may choose to do a collage on horses, with magazine cut-outs and a title, where as a 14 year old may choose to pick a specific theme such as horse sports, and combine magazine cut outs, pictures and cartoons of various sports that involve horses. They may have a title, and sub-titles/themes as well.
Members can work at home or an ?art group? could work together in one or various mediums. At the end of the winter season, a branch could have an art gallery evening to display the works.
- Collage ? Choose a theme and create a collage. Your collage may include sub-themes, but must have a visible title.
- Drawing ? Draw a picture of something horsey: a portrait of your horse; a scene of a stable yard; a race track early in the morning; a mare and foal, for example. The drawing can be in crayon, pencil crayon, oil pastels, charcoal, etc. After all your hard work, you may want to frame your drawing!
- Painting ? Similar to drawing, paint a picture that depicts something that you like about horses.
- Papier Mache ? Create a papier mache item related to your horse. Maybe a miniature saddle or riding hat to hang in your room.
- Clay/Play-doh Sculpture ? Using either home-made play-doh or modeling clay, create a sculpture that shows something you enjoy about horses. How about building a very colorful triple oxer!
- Sewing/Embroidery ? Make a patchwork item, embroidery or other stitch work with a horse theme.
- Own Idea ? create your own art or craft project. Be sure that it is something that you create from scratch.